Did you look into the mirror to find fine lines and wrinkles at some point? Or have you always felt insecure about your thin lips? Well, for many, they find a solution through botox.
But before you go rushing to call a medi spa to book an appointment, it would be in your best interest to understand the cost of botox injections.
Once you know the breakdown of costs, you can see if the price is worth paying to get the desired results that you want to achieve!
Table of Contents
What Are Botox Injections?
Botox injections are made up of a neurotoxin produced by a bacterium known as Clostridium botulinum. When this neurotoxin is injected into the desired area, it works to block the neuromuscular signals that cause muscle contraction to relax instead. Since it is a toxin, professionals know to use it in small doses since it’s the same toxin that causes a life-threatening type of food poisoning called botulism.
Why Are Botox Injections Used?
For the most part, botox injections have been popularized as a cosmetic procedure. Common uses for it range from reducing wrinkles and fine lines that appear on your forehead, around your eye, or your mouth. It helps smooth out your skin by filling it and gives you a more youthful look.
However, botox injections aren’t just about combating the signs of aging. Botox injections can help enhance certain features that you might find lacking. One of the most common places to get botox injections is the lips. The reason is that botox can help give the appearance of beautiful, fuller lips. Yet, there are various ways botox can make changes to your features.
Here are a few down below:
- Eyebrow lift
- Less of a gummy smile
- Neck lift
Those are just some cosmetic procedures that botox injections provide, but they can do so much more by treating certain health conditions.
See what health issues it can help down below:
- Chronic migraines/headaches
- Reduce jaw pain from TMJ
- Managing neck and shoulder spasms from Cervical dystonia
- Teeth clenching
- Intense underarm sweating from hyperhidrosis
- Any muscle stiffness
What Types of Botox Are There?
The term ‘botox’ has been thrown around as the definition of getting injections done. As you know, the substance used in botox procedures comes from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. However, botox is merely one type of botulinum toxin in actuality. There are five different types that you can choose.
Here are the types below:
- Botox: With Botox, it includes various protective proteins that gather around the target active molecule. After getting botox, it can last for a long time.
- Dysport: When it comes to quick results, Dysport works a bit faster than botox in comparison. It can last for at least four months but not as long as Botox.
- Xeomin: If you’re worried about additives, Xeomin is a good option and can potentially last longer than Botox.
- Jeuveau: Jeuveau is made specifically for cosmetic means, unlike the rest that can be used for health conditions.
- Myobloc: Unlike the other four, Myobloc contains botulinum toxin type B instead of the standard type A. This avenue is best for those who’ve become resistant to Botox and Dysport.
Read: Botox vs Restylane
What’s the Pricing for Botox Injections?
There is no real set price on botox injections. The pricing can vary due to certain factors influencing the overall cost. Typically, cost estimates are based on the number of units necessary for your procedure. In which case, you can expect to pay between $10-$25 per unit. In addition, where you live, the type of injection substance you use, and the type of procedure you want can dictate how much it will all cost.
When it comes to the type of injections, Xeomin and Jeuveau are approximately around the same price range, around $10-$12 per unit. Dysport is fairly inexpensive, costing about $4-$6 per unit. As for Botox, it’s probably the most expensive out of them all, being between $12-$15. Again, depending on where you live and the demand for a medi spa, prices can vary more or less.
You can do much more than boost your confidence with botox injections by changing your features. It can also help with certain health conditions that you may have. In which case, the cost of botox can vary depending on your needs and desired results.