Hemorrhoids are also known as piles. It makes you uncomfortable and they are swollen veins in your anus or in your lower rectum. The symptoms you may found like discomfort, itching and rectal bleeding. Let see how tea tree oil for hemorrhoids helps.
Tea tree oil is most people used as a home treatment for hemorrhoids. The evidence of tea tree oil helps to shrink hemorrhoids, can help to reduce itching and swelling.
Benefits of tea tree oil for hemorrhoids
Tea tree oil is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties and helps to treat hemorrhoids by reducing the swelling. It may help to reduce symptoms like pain, discomfort, and itching with its antiseptic qualities of tea tree oil. When you combine with soothing agents like aloe vera and witch hazel reduce the discomfort caused by hemorrhoids.
Tea tree oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, which help to clean and prevent infections and reduce bleeding, small tear and irritation. A study says that gel made of hyaluronic acid and tea tree oil is effective treating in hemorrhoids while tolerable and safe who used this.
How to use tea tree oil for hemorrhoids
Tea tree oil and coconut oil
- Mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil and tbsp of coconut oil.
- By using a cotton ball or cotton swab you can apply directly to the affected area.
- A mixture of coconut oil and tea tree oil provides strong anti-inflammatory properties.
Tea tree oil and Castor oil
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil and tbsp of castor oil.
- Add tsp of aloe or witch hazel and mix it well.
- Use a cotton ball or cotton swab to apply directly to hemorrhoids.
Read: Tea Tree Oil for Warts
Diluted tea tree oil
- Diluted tea tree oil is less strong so you directly apply on skin.
- Mix dilute carrier oil and tea tree oil helps to treat negative skin reaction.
Risks of using tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has strong powerful compounds when you apply directly may cause skin irritation to avoid it always use diluted oil. It may also dry out the skin.
Tea tree oil always applies to topically. By taking orally may cause serious side effects.
When to meet a doctor
Bleeding during bowel movements is a common symptom of hemorrhoids. If you found more serious then appointment the doctor to avoid colon cancer. The perform rectal exam determine the hemorrhoids or not.
If the home treatment of hemorrhoids is working then consult the doctor immediately. The doctor recommends the treatment or minor surgery.
The research found that tea tree oil help to treat hemorrhoids with a mixture of diluted with other anti-inflammatory agents like witch hazel or aloe. It also help to reduce symptoms of hemorrhoids.