Best 5 Home Remedies for Acne
Acne is a very common skin condition and faced by about 85% of people in the united states. Some home remedies for acne include essential oils, natural supplements, herbal cream, and a healthy lifestyle.
Home Remedies for Acne
Here some of the home remedies for acne which used as traditional medial for hundreds of years.
Aloe vera is well known for its natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which reduce acne. It has a lot of water that can be used as a natural moisturizer which can prevent dry skin from other anti-ance products.
The study says that the tretinoin cream and aloe vera gel, it is commonly used as an OTC acne remedy which used for 8 weeks.
How to Use
- Take aloe vera plant and scrape out the gel with a spoon.
- Apply the aloe gel directly on the skin.
- For best result apply 1-2 times per day.
You can also but aloe vera gel online but make sure it should be pure natural without ingredients.
Read: Lemon For Acne
Green Tea popular for its antioxidants properties and promote good health by drinking it. Most people who have acne have too much sebum, it is a natural oil in their pores and not have enough antioxidants.
Antioxidants may help to body break down and remove waste products that can damage the healthy cells. By using green tea helpt o remove waste and debris that form in open acne sores.
Green tea may also help to reduce:
- P. acnes
- Skin’s sebum production
How to Use
- Boil the green tea with water for 2-4 minutes.
- Let the tea cool.
- Apply on the skin with the help of a cotton ball or spritz with a spray bottle.
- After it dry, rinse with water and dry with pat.
You can use it as a face mask with remaining leaves with honey. Green tea you can find in stores and green tea extract mostly found online.
Read: Rose Water for Glowing Skin
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is made of unfiltered juice of pressed apple or fermenting apple cider. It helps to fight with various viruses and bacteria (1, 2, 3). Apple cider vinegar has several organic acids that prevent P. acnes (4, 5).
How to use
- Mix 1 part of ACV with 3 part of water (add more water if you sensitive skin)
- After cleansing, using a cotton ball apply the mixture on the skin.
- Leave for 5-20 seconds, rinse with water and dry with pat.
- For best result use for 1-2 times per day.
To avoid irritation and burn on skin always use dilutes and a small amount of ACV.
Read: Rosemary Oil for Skin
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree essential oil is extracted from the leave of Melaleuca alternifolia, which is a native plant in Australia. It is well known for reducing skin inflammation and fights bacteria. A study says that 5% of applying tea tree oil on the skin help to reduce acne (6, 7).
Always use diluted tea tree oil on the skin.
How to use
- Mix 1 part of tea tree essential oil and 9 parts of water.
- Apply on the affected area with the help of a cotton swab.
- You also apply moisturizer.
- Repete it 1-2 times per day and get better results.
Read: Tea Tree Oil for Hemorrhoids
Honey is the natural remedy which used for various skin conditions form thousand of years. The antioxidants present in the honey help to remove debris and waste from clogged pores.
For its antibacterial and wound healing properties, the doctor used a wound dressing.
How to use
- With the help of a cotton pad or clean finger rub a little amount of honey on acne or pimple.
- You can use honey in a face mask or body mask.
Read: Home Remedies for Vitiligo
Lifestyle Tips for Acne
- Choosing the right cleanser
- Reducing stress
- Using oil-free skincare
- Never touching pimples
- Staying hydrated
When to see a doctor
People should approach a doctor if:
- deep under the skin
- very painful
- cover a large area of skin
- often infected
- causing emotional distress
- not reducing with home treatment
Read: Home Remedies for Skin Tone
You can choose any of this home treatment for acne. Not all home remedies for acne will work on everyone. However, you can trial and find which of the home remedy works on acne. Before using natural remedies for acne, always take a doctor’s advice.
Home Remedies for Dark Circles
Home Remedies For Ear Infections
Disclaimer: Our website services, content, and products are for informational purposes only. We do not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.