The safest, least invasive, and most effective way to end a pregnancy is by medical termination. It is actually far safer than a Surgical Abortion.
However, it’s common for a woman to experience worry, guilt, and anxiety as she decides whether to have a Medical Abortion. She can be unsure of what to expect during the abortion procedure if it’s her first time or if it takes place at home or in a clinic.
Home Abortion Tips
Here are some simple actions a woman can take to increase comfort and reduce stress.
- Know what to anticipate: To lessen fear, be sure to conduct your homework before terminating the pregnancy. Knowing what to expect will help you stay awake beforehand since you’ll be able to notice bleeding and cramps, which can be frightening if you’re not prepared.
- Avoid cramping: Cramping is a necessary component of Medical Abortion made with Abortion Pills. It shows that the uterus’s deep region is working to evacuate the pregnancy tissue. You can ask your doctor to advise you on the medications to lessen the pain and cramps since some painkillers effectively handle and cope with discomfort.
- Stock up on sanitary napkins: During a Medical Abortion, excessive bleeding is typical. Therefore, it is advised to use large hygienic pads rather than menstruation cups or tampons during your Medical Abortion. Having many pads is a good idea because you never know when you’ll bleed heavily enough to soak two or three pads in one sitting. It’s also usual to experience blood flow for two weeks following a Medical Abortion.
- Keep oneself Hydrated: Maintaining fluid intake throughout a Medical Abortion is essential. Refreshments, hot soups, and water can all be healthy choices. Also, consider sipping cold coffee or crushed ice to settle your stomach and keep the drinks down if you feel nauseous.
- Choose nourishing and simple foods: Stick to light, bland foods to keep your energy levels up and your stomach content. Eat no oily, spicy, salty, or such foods. Instead, choose basic broths, toast, crackers, and other snacks.
- Warmth everywhere: Any woman who regularly experiences excruciating menstrual cramps can attest to the soothing and warming effects of placing a warm water bottle or heating pad on the stomach. Warmth applied to your belly area might ease cramping and discomfort. However, ensure not to use too much heat directly on the skin as this will cause burning; instead, keep it cool.
- Get yourself a private area: During a Medical Abortion, not every woman has access to a remote site. So try to choose a location where you can uninterruptibly slumber for a few hours. You’ll feel more at ease during the abortion process if you remain calm and in a quiet place. You can spend the time and relieve tension by watching your favorite TV show, watching a decent movie, or listening to an interesting podcast.
- Having a Trusted Friend by Your Side During the Process: Some women may feel isolated and may experience feelings like guilt, worry, despair, etc. Therefore, having a trusted companion by your side is advisable during the procedure. To overcome the feeling of loneliness, take extra care. For example, ask the person to phone you or arrive as soon as possible in case of an emergency if they cannot be present in person.