Yes, it is right that medical science has still not found treatments to cure Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) but there are certain which can prevent ADHD to a certain extent.
ADHD(1) is most often diagnosed in children, it is also found in adults. ADHD symptoms may be scale of mild, moderate and severe while majority of children falls in moderate range. It can be prevented well by changing behavior, lifestyle, eating habits and the following schedule
Here are Some Measures to Prevent ADHD
- Expecting mothers should take a healthy diet, no alcohol, and no drugs. A timely visit to a doctor and no exposure to lead are advised to expecting mothers for decreasing the risk of a child developing ADHD during pregnancy.
- Diet plays an important role in the development and growth of a child whether a child has ADHD or not but yes for a child with ADHD proper diet plan helps a lot. Give your child protein-rich diet like egg, fish, nuts, etc, carbs and fiber-rich meals like oatmeal, peanut butter, milk.
- Don’t all food to your child which he/she is sensitive for. Research says that many children are sensitive to some food and consuming sensitive food make ADHD symptoms worse in a child. So take care that your child away from sensitive food.
- Make a schedule chart for your child and make sure he/she follows it because this helps in structuring behavior.
- Engage your child in activities like dancing, skating, swimming, boxing, and football or outdoor sport they like to use their energy wisely.
- Never fight or shout in front of your child, this badly affects their brain.
- Develop a healthy relationship with your child, listen to him/her with mindfulness, be their friend, ask about their school, do they have any problem or anything is bothering them at school. Your child should be confident enough to share any problem with you and this can happen only when you develop a friendly relationship with your child.
- Go for family outings, get-togethers, lunch or dinner
- Listen to your child’s fear with patience and never ignore that, help your child fight with his/her fear if needed consult a child psychologist for finding ways to overcome your child’s fear. Fear hampers child development.
- Never forget to tell your child how much you both (parent) love them because the child needs love to be expressed. They want to see that you love them.
- Develop a positive attitude in your child. If he/she is unable to make friendship with other kids or find oneself inferior or different from other give them confidence, make them believe that they are no way different and even they can do everything.
- Never compare your child with other peers because comparing can affect your child’s emotional health.