Yoni steaming is also known as Vagina steaming or V-Steaming. It is an ancient remedy used by women for deep wellness. It is the herbal practice in which women allow the warm steam to permeate the exterior of the vagina. If you are looking for benefits of yoni steam then you are on the right page.
Yoni is a Sanskrit word meaning “womb,” “goddess,” “vagina,” or “origin of life,”
Table of Contents
How does Yoni steaming work?
Vaginal steaming or Yoni steaming involves women to sit over a steaming pot of water that often contains added herbs.
Herbs can penetrate vaginal tissues and offer various benefits. Some people try yoni steaming at home by own or it is also available at spas.
- Add a cup of chosen herbs to a hot water basin
- Let the herbs steep for few minutes
- Remove the dress or clothes from the waist down
- Squat or stand directly on the basin
- Some people prefer to place a hot water basin in the toilet and sit on the toilet seat
- Wrap the towel around waist and legs to prevent steam escaping
The average steaming session may between 20 and 45 minutes. is depends on how hot of water, it may cooler soon.
Benefits of Yoni Steam
Vaginal steaming or yoni steaming is the natural remedy for cleaning the uterus, vagina, and reproductive tract.
It also helps to relieve:
- digestive issues
- hormone imbalances
- generalized pain
Read: Benefits of Pubic Hair
There is no scientific evidence that vagina steaming is safe. The vagina skin is sensitive and delicate the warm steaming may cause scaling or burns.
Warm steaming of the vagina may bring perfect the environment for bacteria vaginal infection such as yeast infection and others.
If the not cleaned vaginal or yoni steaming equipment may lead to the risk of infections and side effects. Always clean the equipment to avoid infections.
Caution: Pregnant women should avoid vaginal steaming, it may cause miscarriage or effect the fetus. Also, the doctor suggests avoiding hot tubs, heating pad, and saunas for the same reasons.
Read: Signs of Perimenopause
- People who want to try vaginal steam, you should avoid getting close to steam ot hot water.
- If you feel it is too hot or discomfort then immediately move away from steam
- If you trying to restore your pH balance of the vagina then you should consult a doctor before vaginal steaming
The vagina is a self-cleaning organ and maintains pH balance itself. There is not require other methods like steaming for vagina health.
You can keep your vagina healthy with vagina clean, dry, and perfume free. If you want to try yoni steaming then you should take extreme caution to avoid the vagina burn and other infections.